Forum Discussion

Phone_Upgrade_I
New Contributor
7 years ago

ACTION REQUIRED: POOR SERVICE - Digital Phone upgrade and home alarm

Please see this thread on your forum.

http://forums.cox.com/forum_home/phone_forum/f/6/t/18770.aspx

I too, am facing the same situation. Cox has told me verbally they cannot guarantee my alarm will work which leads me to a costly upgrade and increased monitoring charges. I have been a cox customer for over 30 years, but that is about to change unless you come up with a better solution than just leaving your customer to deal with the fallout.

I went into your cox store and explained the situation. They send out a technician who was supposed to tell me if my POTS line could be back wired to accommodate my alarm. When the technician arrived he was a nice young man (looked like a sub-contractor) but I could tell he only was trained to perform the digital upgrade. When I asked if my alarm would still work, he just stared at me with a blank look on his face and said he would have to call someone.

When he returned he stated “they would not guarantee it would work with my alarm and wanted to proceed. Which I said absolutely NO. Were they going to leave my home unprotected and with a link that did not work to my alarm company for safety or fire? That absolutely crazy and libelous on your part.

Additionally, they wanted to drill a how through the wall of the garage to mount and plug in the modem. Which by the way I have a large cabinet full of stuff there. And they do not tell you that if the power goes out in your house the modem will not work unless you paid them extra for a battery backup which only lasts for a short time. Come on Cox after 30 years of paying you a lot of money you are going cheap on me. This does not make good business sense at all.

I would like a customer service representative and one of your real technicians to call me and explain better options to me, if you wish to keep my business.

Dennis Towler

Dtowler007@gmail.com

1 Reply

• Hello,

We can certainly look into this concern for you. Please send us an email with your full address, contact info, and the name of the security system to cox.help@cox.com so we can help.

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.