Forum Discussion

Dickie
New Contributor
7 years ago

Phone installation

All of my phone jacks are now dead. I've had three guys out to get the system in it's current condition, but I think it has been installed improperly. There appeared to be no effort to connect the new modem to the phone wiring in the house. The first two guys just moved the phone to where there was internet service, and plugged the phone in. The problem I had was that I also had a printer that needed a phone interface. The last guy put a duplex jack on the wire from the modem, and plugged the phone into one and the printer into the other. It works, but if I ever want the phone or printer in another room, I'm stuck with calling Cox to get it done. I asked the last installer why they didn't just put the modem outside where the phone was interfaced with the old system. He said that was supposed to be the way it was to be installed, but he ;couldn't find the wire. I think the first guy just cut it off so short that he couldn't see it. All, in all, a really bad job.

R. Reynolds

dickreylds@gmail.com

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Cox really drops the ball on their "upgrades".  Several people have complained about similar problems, especially with home alarm systems..

Is Cox hiring any trainers with actual hands-on experience to cut down on your complaints?  Seems like the analog technology is getting lost as Cox forces everyone to go "digital".

• The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High Speed Internet services with other customers. You should be able to use all your existing jacks in the home, and appears as if you may need for someone to look into your account personally.  We can definitely be able to assist you with this.  Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the full service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.