Forum Discussion

PuzzledtobeSure
New Contributor
7 years ago

TV Caller ID

I was told this a.m. when I had a tech come for a couple of issues. One being TV Caller ID. He was here for quite a while and spent sometime outside. When he came back in he told me I didn't have TV Caller ID and if I wanted it I would have to call Cox and have have it activated and it would be an extra fee. Has anyone else been told this?

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @PuzzledtobeSure,

We can look into this issue for you. Please send us an email with your full address so we can research and discuss the account. 

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator. 

• After I posted my question I did call Cox and got a very helpful person in billing. I told her what the tech had said about my having to activate and pay for TV caller ID even though I had that service for a long time. She then asked to put me on hold and when she came back a short time later she told me that  my TV caller ID had been "accidentally" deleted from my account of over 16 years and that I was now reinstated.

Spuds
    New Contributor
    I have two TVs with caller ID, one does not show the caller information. What can I do to correct this?
  • Update Re: TV Caller ID:

As stated above I called billing about not having TV Caller ID even though I had it previously for a long time. Told by the gal in billing, after being on hold for a time that, I had been accidentally removed but she assured me that I had been reinstated (no fee involved). I was happy! THEN I got a few phone calls and guess what ... yep no TV Caller ID! hmmmm!!!!!

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Spuds

Have you checked your settings to make sure the feature is turned on?

• Hi PuzzledtobeSure,

Is the Caller ID working on the phone? I understand you are still not seeing the TV Caller ID appear on the TV while watching and receiving a call. I recommend go into the receiver settings and turn notifications off, press OK, then turn notifications back on and press OK. Follow this step with unplugging the power to the receiver for 20 seconds and allow the reset to finish. Please share your findings after these steps and we can take a follow-up look.

• Hello Dustin:

Yes, the Caller ID is working on my phone. I just now performed your suggestions and turned "on" / "off" / "on" and pressed OK for each press. Then I unplugged the power for 20 seconds. After the reboot I called the land line from my cell and no TV caller ID again. Just so you know I will most likely not give you any personal info on this thread. I am at a point where I need to move on from this malfunction.

Thank you anyway.

• PuzzledtobeSure,

Please email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and address and include the URL to this forums thread.