Forum Discussion

Fryters
New Contributor
7 years ago

Current customer and denied options

I have been with Cox for about 3 years now and have never made a long distance phone call on my phone and when I switched from the other company, I remember specifically requesting that no long distance phone calls be allowed to be made from my phone because of children playing or mistakenly usage.
Unfortunately I was out of town for two weeks and my mother and mother-in-law made various phone calls to Brazil without my authorization.
I contacted Cox to see about a possibility of adding a retroactive long distance service in order to lower this bill and I was denied.

I, in fact, do NOT feel responsible for this bill since it was understood between COX and I that the phone was NOT to complete long distance calls to anywhere. They were to impose a BLOCK on my home line.

Can someone let me know what are my options, if any?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Fryters
    New Contributor

Another problem is that I have not been able to find an e-mail where to send an e-mail to.

On the phone, I was also not able to talk to a supervisor and anyone that could explain to me why other companies can try to work and help their customers but COX simply denied.

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Fryters,

This forum is primarily intended for the discussion of any technical issue among peers. Billing and account issues require the sharing of sensitive information to resolve which isn't best suited for a public forum. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your account details and we'd be happy to assist you with this.

Andrew_Wees
    Contributor III

blocking long distance is not going to help with callas going to another country