Forum Discussion

softparade
New Contributor
7 years ago

Fax will not work

Hi

Recently signed up for Cox internet service bundled with phone VOIP. I am trying to send fax from a printer HP officejet Pro with fax capabilities  but have been unable to get dial tone. My panoramic wifi modem and printer are in the same room with one phone jack. The router phone output is connected to phone jack. Tried to connect printer into extra phone jack (empty) on wifi router did not work. Tried splitter at phone jack, wifi router and fax machine sharing same jack. did not work. How can one send a fax over the Wifi router?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need for someone to look into your account personally.  We can definitely be able to assist you with this.  Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the full service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

johnmay
    New Contributor

have the same problem, after switching to digital telephone.  the splitter does not work for some reason, had to connect the fax machine directly to the jack at the modem.  

softparade
    New Contributor

Thx johnmay

that does work I was thinking about trying a different splitter they may be wired differently but fax so seldom this works fine