Forum Discussion

Dok
New Contributor
12 years ago

Phone Codes

I understand *60. I don't understand the difference between *77 and #01# .........  I don't know if I have to plug in the phone number after *77. I don't know how, if I have already picked up the receiver, that #01# could work. I tried the latter yesterday, the guy on the other end laughed and said, "he is trying to block me." So I hung up.

Please explain in everyday English, non-technical. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator

I'm not sure where you got #01# from but *77 turns on anonymous call rejection which blocks callers that block their caller ID from being dispalyed when called.  Note this feature does not block unknown callers, just ones that specifically block caller ID.

StephanieA
    Former Moderator

*60 is the Selective Call Rejection feature Selective Call Rejection which allows you to program your phone to reject calls from any number you place in the rejection list. When your service is turned on, any caller in this list will hear an announcement that you're not accepting calls at this time. All other calls will ring through as usual.

*77 is the Anonymous Call Rejection service that allows you to reject calls from anyone who has blocked their number so you cannot see it on your caller ID. With Anonymous Call Rejection, any caller who has blocked his or her number from your Caller ID display will hear an announcement that you do not accept anonymous calls, and that they should remove the blocking and then call back. All other calls will ring through as usual. 

#01# is used to add the last caller to your rejection list and is used after the last call has ended. Also, you will use it with the *60 code. For example, if a telemarketer calls you and you answer, after you have hung up the phone, pick up the receiver, listen for a dial tone, and hit *60 then #01#.

The same will work if the call was never answered. If you come home and see a telemarketer has called and it was the very last call, pick up the receiver, listen for the dial tone, then hit *60 then #01#.

Stephanie A

Cox Support Forum Moderator