Forum Discussion

Zorn
New Contributor
10 years ago

Webmail - Why is is so hard to access

This has been an ongoing issue for years.  Why is Webmail so hard to access?  Right now I can't even get to my Inbox.  It's re-directing me to a page telling me to get high speed internet:  https://webmail.east.cox.net/denied/upsell

Also whenever Webmail was working it always times out for inactivity quickly, and you can never get logged back in unless you close your browser and clear the cache.

I should be able to goto https://webmail.cox.net enter my username and password and be inside my Inbox, instead I'm always having to select a City, Zip, or whatever, and then maybe get logged in.  Right now I can't even get logged in.

patsyjean
    New Contributor

Same here.  Why isn't the email working now?  Don't try to upsell me something I have already and isn't working!  I was going to use 'chat' to ask what the problem was,,,my computer or Cox service.  That is unavailable!

There should be a page that keeps us updated on outages and problems and what they are doing about it, including when we can expect service to return.

• Webmail seems to be down currently as when I attempt to check it I get a page that reads among other things, "If you had Cox High Speed Internet you would be here by now.

Typical Cox non information... a policy reflecting their corporate arrogance and contempt for paying customers.. made possible by the lack of any real competition.

There should be information at very least notifying that email service is temporarily unavailable- ideally if this is a regular maintenance issue shoot an email or put up a generic page alerting us... perhaps in place of other promotional garbage that we get.

I need to be mindful that this is the same company that made the unilateral decision to go paperless (which I've opted not to do)... with all the green leafy adornments evocative of saving resources blah blah blah but opts to dispatch to me a weekly bulk rate envelope with a bundle sales pitch that reads: "Important Customer Information" on the outside.  I guess they're going to exercise the prerogative to define for me what constitutes important and spare no resources and expense shoving in my mailbox promotions for services I couldn't possibly care less about.

I'm postulating that the trees viciously slaughtered in order for their lifeless corpses can be ground into the pulp that helps compose the paper on which the promotion gets printed deserved life less than those spared thanks to the boundless charity of paperless billing..  I am relieved that Cox employees do not molest the backs of innocent postage stamps with their tongues to be affixed on any of their mailings- whatever the purpose... I think at night I can hear the faint musical praises being sung to postage meters in the leaves of trees spared a fate that can only be delivered by a marauding band of loggers..

One should repeatedly ask oneself- is this the policy and actions of a company that actually values the people comprising the customer base or is our monthly contributions to its bottom line taken for granted and the attitude toward us concerning customer service issues time and time again proves to be, "shut up and pay your bill"?

Unfortunately the people stuck with dealing with us trees in COX's money farm have to deal with aggravated customers who vent frustrations for matters that are entirely out of their hands.

Unfortunately for this little money tree, I'm in the midst of transacting business where I've set a filter to deliver messages from a mortgage company to a webmail folder which means I'm So if there's an important message languishing out of my reach... so I'll just shut up and pay my bill.

So yes, webmail is still down as of this typing...

• ... and now it's back up... I'll arrogantly claim credit for that...

• Jagick said:

The hero we deserve

The irony of that is not lost on me.

• Hello everyone, 

We are looking into this and I have reported your experiences. I'll update you once we have more information.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please let me know if your webmail starts (or stops) working again.

bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

Webmail was also down for me this morning.

A few things that will make your Webmail even slower.

• Creating too many folders in Webmail, keep them to a minimum
    • Never purging your email, get rid of old stuff, or download all old emails to a computer and delete them, from Webmail
    • Having many emails with large file size attachments and pictures.

drogblue
    New Contributor
    I agree, having to select your location seems to me like Cox does not want to take the time to automate or simplify processes for their customers.
    duhmel
    New Contributor III

This is an official response that I just received from Cox Corporate headquarters in response to a complaint that I filed withe the FCC

Cox received your FCC complaint regarding continuing issues you are having with your webmail service {Actually my problems are not with webmail but email received via client and I never mentioned Webmail}.  Out engineers are working diligently to resolve the issues that you describe in your complaint.  Initially we manually moved customers to two new servers; however those servers became congested and we found that additional servers would be necessary to relieve the congestion.  We are currently in the process of installing new servers on our network which should resolve the webmail issues.  As a good faith gesture, Cox applied a courtesy credit of $20.00 to your account for the inconvenience you experienced.

Douglas Garrett

Executive director - Regulatory Affairs

So now even Corporate headquarters is admitting that Cox has an infrastructure deficiency that they have not yet fixed.  Too bad nobody has told the Forum Moderators as they continue beating the 'settings' drum wasting the Customers time chasing after non-existent solutions.