Forum Discussion

CiscoKid
New Contributor
10 years ago

Cox Technical Support

I've worked in IT now going on 5+ years and tell me how I know more about IT and network connections than the kid on the phone I was just talking to... The kid sounded unsure of himself the entire time I was on the phone with him. I basically had to walk him through troubleshooting my slow internet connection and told him he should try and send a ping to me. He eventually said "I'm going to re-initialize your router". I saw the router basically power cycle itself and I told the kid, so basically re-initialize is a fancy word for restart. Anyways long story short, if Cox is going to have technical support available please try and hire knowledgeable people who feel confident in the work they are doing.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

When you say you saw the router reset, do you mean modem or gateway? What model do you have? I only ask because I didn't know Cox had that ability. And if resetting the router fixes the problem then there is a strong chance the router is the problem.

smtips
    New Contributor II

I agree 150%, I won't even start on some of the support I've had...suffice to say I've hung up on them a few times because the experience with the so-called tech became completely laughable.

smintz
    New Contributor

Cox support is useless. My mail from the cox server auto-deletes and all the 'kids' can do is blame Microsoft

Maybe if Cox paid for quality or trained, they would iomprove

Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

DVR Warranty said:
    cox server auto-deletes

That just sounds like your using POP for incoming and don't have Outlook set to leave a copy on the server. Easy fix express or if your using Outlook, then see here. Should be a similar setting in what ever  client your using, or just switch to IMAP.

smtips
    New Contributor II

Well if your mail is auto deleting from the server then you have a setting wrong in your mail client and have your email set up as pop.