Forum Discussion

dezertedsky
New Contributor
12 years ago

Internet Outage in West Phoenix Again

What is going on with COX Internet in the SW Phoenix area? Cox had an outage on Thurs for 2 hours, my internet came back for approx. 45min then went back down for another 2+ hours.

Internet goes down again today for about 1 hr my internet comes back for about 30 min. then goes down again. Tier 1 Support is pretty worthless, all they do is have you power cycle the modem and try to blame your router.  

Note to cox support: MY ROUTER ISNT THE PROBLEM WHEN MY CABLE MODEM CAN'T EVEN SYNC WITH THE SYSTEM. STOP TRYING TO BLAME MY ROUTER.

I look at my Cable Modem Logs and every time my internet goes down I see an entry every time that says "R004.0 | Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance o"

Anyone else in west phoenix seeing this???

I have a truck roll scheduled for tomorrow, but I gotta say Century Link is looking better and better.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Dezerted,

I know how frustrating internet issues can be--especially repeat issues--so I'm sorry that you've been dealing with this! When you talked to Tier 1 Tech Support, did we have you connect a computer directly to the modem?  Temporarily bypassing the router allows us to rule out other possible causes that fit your symptoms, and also allows us to use several diagnostic tools to determine what the modem is doing. 

I don't want you to think that I'm pointing a finger at your router. We simply can't troubleshoot through the router.

So that we can troubleshoot further, please copy and paste your post into an email, include your full name and address, and email CoxArizona.Help@Cox.com. We'll run a quick diagnostic, take a look at the modem, and proceed from there. 

• Internet went down again today for just over an hour. So far cox has had an outage in my area every day around this same time. I call support and I get same script over and over again.