Forum Discussion

cant_send_or_re
New Contributor
12 years ago

can"t send or reply

Today  I placed an order online and got a reply stating the order was received.  The order was placed with an Ipad on our home wifi address.  I realized I had a coupon for a discount, so tried to send a reply--from this point I continuously received messages that I either had sent too many messages and would be frozen 3 hrs, or had been picked up as spam or that the network was down.  none of this was true, I reset everything, then called cox tech support, I could get an email, but could not respond, then a senior tech had me change my password, unplug the Linksys roter and connect the home main computer directly to the modem and get a new ip address. All this resulted in the same message and inability to send or reply using cox.net..  Any thoughts!  I hate to abandon my email address, I have had it for 13 yrs.  do I have to switch to gmail.  I am going through internet explorer straight to cox.net on my lap top. 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisB
    Community Manager

Hello there,

You certainly shouldn't have to abandon your cox.net email address.  This can happen if a very large amount of emails have been sent from your ip address in a short period of time.  If you are confident that emails were not being sent by you or someone in your home you might want to make sure that your WIFI is secure.  It is possible that a neighbor or someone else was able to connect to your network and send emails.  You can find some information regarding securing your network below:

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/support/internet/article.cox?articleId={bc368aa0-8abc-11df-6baf-000000000000}

I hope this helps, if you are still experiencing this issue please let us know and we'll look at some other possibilities.