Forum Discussion

Schler
New Contributor
11 years ago

Watch Espn not authorized

When I try to watch something on watches on it says you are not authorized to play this content. Please contact your provider. Why can't I watch these anymore?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Trikein
    Contributor III

What context are you trying to watch? Some can only be viewed on a Cox network, and some can only be viewed if you subscribe to Cox's sports package.

Schler
    New Contributor

I tried all of them earlier they all gave me that message for the football games. Now the espn3 games are working. So to get the other games we have to subscribe to another package? My Internet payment is not enough? 

Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Im not exactly sure how it works now, because ESPN has changed what comes included with each package. Basically what ever ESPN offers to providers for free, you get. If ESPN charges extra money, then you need a video subscription with Cox to get it. See here for more info;

If I have access to ESPN3, why don't I have access to WatchESPN?

WatchESPN requires a video subscription from an affiliated provider. Click here for a list of the current affiliates.

Beginning on August 15, 2013, users accessing WatchESPN.com or the WatchESPN mobile application via an on-campus (.edu) or on-base (.mil) network will receive complimentary access to ESPN3 content.

KipK
    Valued Contributor II

Each "channel" on WatchESPN requires the corresponding TV service, except for ESPN3.
    ESPN3 is included with your Cox Internet service, and does not require any sign-in as it is automatically authenticated by your IP address: