Forum Discussion

nocellphonebob
New Contributor
5 years ago

New cell phone won't connect.

My new Motorola G7 Play ( Android 9.0 Pie) won't connect to the Panoramic modem. My network SSID is shown in the phone's screen but when I enter the password I get the following message: "can not authenticate - could not connect to WiFi - check password and try again". The phone connects to WiFi at other locations but not at home, and all computers at home are up and running. Should I use the Panoramic WiFi app. or the problem is somewhere else?. Any suggestions?. Thank you.

2 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, I highly recommend downloading the app. Here's a link with more information:

www.cox.com/.../cox-panoramic-wifi-app-features.html

This app is free to use with the Panoramic WiFi modem. For optimum results, we recommend utilizing one network name and password, as well as setting the channels to automatic. The modem uses band steering technology, which automatically optimizes which WiFi band (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz) a device connects to.

www.cox.com/.../benefits-of-one-home-network-wifi-name-and-password.html

Please check to ensure that the password you are using to access the WiFi network is correct, and this can be done using the app itself. For additional assistance, please email us at cox.help@cox.com; you can also reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator