Forum Discussion

Dissatisfied_C1
New Contributor
5 years ago

Internet speed is not what I'm paying for. Use to only happen during peak hours. Its been consistent since Sat. 9/14.

We've been with cox for more than 20 years. Would really like to stick with Cox but seeing peers dealing with the same issues switching to a slower package on CenturyLink to get a better connection is becoming VERY frustrating. Just want to know if this can be resovled or if I should just make the switch to CL already.

5 Replies

CarolLM
    Former Moderator
    Hi there, we understand how frustrating it can be when your service isn't working as it should. We want to get to the bottom of your service issues and we definitely don't want to lose you as a customer. Please send us a Facebook private message, Twitter direct message, or email to cox.help@cox.com and include a link to this post. We'd like to take a look at your account and your equipment to work this matter to a resolution. -Thanks, Carol
      Dissatisfied_C1
      New Contributor

When I speed test, if my put my ear to my router, I can here like a static noise coming from my modem/router. Only during the speedtest. What might this mean?

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hello, we are not certain why the equipment is producing a static noise when performing a speed test. I reviewed your modem, and I am detecting some potential signal issues. Please check to ensure that all cables are tightly secured and free of damage. This includes any splitters or amplifiers you may have as well. For further assistance, we encourage you to reach out to us. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator