Forum Discussion

Linkue
New Contributor
5 years ago

Outage for months now

There has been an outage in my area for months now! Leaving me with upload speeds of 1 to 3 Mbps with 1 to 9% packet loss. They have sent out two techs that have both confirmed that the issue is not in my home! They can't fix the problem because they have no clue what the problem is. However they will keep charging you the full price for service unless you call and complain about the service even though they know your not getting what you are paying for. 

Again this has been going on for months now and there is only one end in site... I will be leaving Cox! This has been going on way too long.

1 Reply

• Hi Linkue,

I understand the frustration to find a speed loss issue and packet loss. Many things can impact speeds, and we want to find out more about where you're seeing packet loss occur. Are you seeing you're in an outage area on our Cox Connect App right now? Are you always seeing the speed loss and is the packet loss always apparent, intermittent or random, or happening for you at a particular time of day? With two service appointments completed over the course of a couple months, it may be time to reserve a follow-up appointment. If the issue is on our end, then the field technician would have to escalate to maintenance and provide you a ticket that would begin with ESR and some numbers afterward.

We want to keep you connected and help isolate where the issue is happening. You may email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your first and last name, address, and the details above with a link to this forum in the email as well. We can take a look at the modem while you experience the speed loss and packet loss. A follow-up service appointment may be needed, though it could be difficult to determine where the issue is happening if it's not present during the appointment. Based off of the findings of the service technician, he or she may be able to escalate to plant maintenance.

Dustin
    Cox Forums Support Moderator