Forum Discussion

jajaxxon
New Contributor
5 years ago

IOS 13 and new Homelife App - Compatible???

The new Homelife app says it is compatible with IOS 10 - 12, but IOS 13 releases next Thursday - any ideas if the app will work -

Cox just killed web access to Homelife, so if they can't support IOS 13, people will not be able to control their security system

We got an email saying new software rolling out as of Sept 10

I called support and they have no idea

Could be chaos next week if people upgrade to IOS 13 and app stops working and no web access

5 Replies

• Hi Jajaxxon. We haven't experienced any issues with any Apple IOS updates so far and we don't anticipate any with future releases. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      jajaxxon
      New Contributor

Great, Lisa, however why did they send out an email on Friday with a link saying only IOS 10 - 12 were supported and why did Homelife tech support say they have no idea if IOS 13 will work? - I think we need an answer from Cox Tech Support - my opinion

Andrew_Wees
        Contributor III

email was most likely written before ios release date was known

jajaxxon
      New Contributor

Read my post that says PER COX iPhones 6 and 7 with IOS13 will NOT work

jajaxxon
    New Contributor

Update from Cox - Technician at house called SR Cox Tech - iPhones 6 and 7 with IOS 13 will not work per Cox - 8, 10 and 11 should work - also Portal.homelife.com has NOT been transitioned to new software, so they say Portal access will not work correctly until some future date - explains why our Macs cannot see our system via the portal