Forum Discussion

nexxus
New Contributor
5 years ago

Outgoing Email Issue

Since updating my profile and changing the password on one of my cox email accounts, I have been having issues with sending email with .jpeg attachments to my cell phone and also to my friends that use Gmail or Yahoo mail.

Prior to making those requested changes, everything was working find, my cell phone would receive the cox emails with the .jpeg attachments as SMS/MMS text messages with no issues for many years. My friends on Yahoo mail and Gmail would receive those same cox emails with the .jpeg attachments with no issues either, but after I made those cox requested changes, no one is getting my emails with the .jpeg attachments.

I can send regular cox emails  with no attachments to a cell phone and to my friends on Yahoo mail and Gmail with no issues, just can't send them with .jpeg attachments. 

Something with cox email has changed and it's for the worse. Anyone else with the same issue?

BTW - I am using cox webmail. 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Nexxus,

Are you sending the attachment using cox webmail or a client program like outlook?

Greg P
    Cox Forums Moderator
      nexxus
      New Contributor

I have been using a motion detection application for the past five or six years that is setup to send an email with one or two .jpeg attachments when motion is detected to a cell phone (the cell phone receives these as SMS/MMS text messages) and to a gmail and yahoo account. As cox email security has changed thru the years this application was changed to reflect those changes with the latest being TLS and port 587. Every thing was working fine until about a week ago, the cell phone and the yahoo and gmail accounts started not getting all of the messages with the attachments. Got a message from cox to update the profile and change the password on the cox account that was used to send those messages with attachments, made those changes and I also changed the password for that cox account on the application. Since the changes were made to update that cox account, the sending of the emails with the attachments always indicated that the email was sent but the cell phone never receives those messages and the yahoo and gmail accounts receives them only once in awhile. I than conducted tests by using cox web mail to send emails with .jpeg attachments to the cell phone, to the yahoo and gmail accounts, the messages show as being sent and are also in the sent folder of the cox account used for this test. The cell phone never receives those test messages, the yahoo account did not receive the messages and the gmail account only received one out of two that were sent. I just did another test using a different cox account, same results.

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi Nexxus, to confirm, you can send and receive emails on myemail.cox.net without any issues. Is that correct? If the password from the Cox webmail matches the password for the incoming and outgoing settings on your client device, you may have to remove the Cox email from your client device entirely and re-enter the credentials. Cox made changes to the email server back in April, to ensure the safety and security of customer privacy information. Do you receive any error messages on your client device or pop-up window prompting you to enter your username and password? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator