Forum Discussion

AZBigdog
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Modem Information Page

I have a Motorola modem that I purchased, not supplied by Cox and I can no longer reach the Modem Information Page 192.168.100.1  I used to be able to access it to check signal levels, etc., but not anymore.  Is there a reason for them to be blocking this on customer owned equipment?

Thanks

8 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

What happens when you enter 192.168.100.1 into your browser:  unreachable, timeout, certificate, etc?

AZBigdog
    New Contributor II

It says connection times out which it has never done before. I tried pinging it and that comes back as unreachable too, which is interesting....  It's a SB6121 so I know the info page is at 192.168.100.1   Rebooting router and modem still didn't fix it either... I even tried accessing it from my phone (while connected to my WiFi) and still get the same problem. 

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I had the same problem on 2 devices:  unreachable, timeouts and no ping.  I too had just replaced the modem but the new modem wouldn't issue a new certificate...or if there was ever a certificate with the previous modem.

I wish I knew what I specifically did...or did anything at all...but the browser eventually and finally displayed the Add the Certificate page.

In no particular order, things I did...

- Reset Modem from Cox Page
       - Disabled Firewalls
       - Forced Certificate Update
       - Rebuilt TCP/IP Stack
       - Updated NIC Drivers (Although I Knew No Updates were Available)
       - Direct Wire

AZBigdog
        New Contributor II

Direct Wire works so I think it is narrowed down to the router not being able to find a route to it. The router is 192.168.1.1 and the modem is 192.168.100.1 so it's in a different network.