Forum Discussion

smt
New Contributor
5 years ago

Cox credit card "returned payment fee"

Paid my bill online through Coc website like I always do with me credit card which is stored in the payment section. Got email seconds later saying "Thanks for your payment, payment has been submitted." Then 24 hrs later get second email saying "payment not successful" click here to pay bill. Did and paid the exact same way I did yesterday. Then notice $25 "returned payment fee" on account. I call customer service and get the ruddest person ever who tells me that the number that was entered was wrong so it could not be processed so I get charged $25 fee. I tell her and the "supervisor" Zach (which is probably the person in the next cubicle and not any type of supervisor) that Cox's website told me the payment was submitted successful and even sent me an email. If number was incorrect or any other issue I would have been told credit card invalid. I asked what was the number and thy cant tell me because all they can see is the last 4. Then how can you tell me the number was wrong?! I  I have been using the same credit card for months paying online, The last 4 of last month was the same as this month, cox said the payment has been submitted but still will charge you $25 even if they cant tell you the number that was entered. What a scam. If you enter the wrong CC # wi Cox Cable they will accept it then tell you later it was was unsuccessful and you owe us $25 dollars! Never have I experienced this in all my life and I'm old.

4 Replies

New Contributor

I have the same problem that day. Payment 65.74. Using the card for 2 years. No answer.

Allan
      Hello. The rejected payment is a known issue that has been reported to us and we are taking the proper steps to resolve this issue. We are advising all customers that are experiencing this issue to check their online account within the next 24 hours for an updated balance. Also, we can review the account for you if you send us an email with your full name, address, and a link to this thread to cox.help@cox.com. Thanks. -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    qkypgy
    New Contributor

I just talk to service agent, their system has been down since yesterday. All payments paid from the weekend (that are processed yesterday) will have been rejected, but they will "forgive" the fees.

New Contributor

Before that, they stole your money.
      How they did it with my money.