Forum Discussion

Zurq
Contributor II
5 years ago

packet loss all the time.

I have been getting trash packet loss, just filled a complaint to the fcc in hoping they will do something, cox is not a good provider, they do not fix anything. they give you the run around, reset modem, send tech, and NOTHING GETS FIXED i am so close to dropping cox for something else, cause at this point it is not even funny. cant play my games in peace with out lagging.

5 Replies

Morgan1982
    Contributor II

Its been horrible the last 2 weeks for lag. Also started getting packet loss again. It was fine for a month or so but now its unplayable again.

Destin65
    New Contributor III

Sounds like our issue here in Middle Georgia. Inconsistent speed, only getting half speed we pay for,  massive packet loss, practically no upload speed that is constantly from 0.88 to 2 when it is supposed to be 15. Can't stream a movie downstream, can't stream upstream to Facebook Live or Twitch. Can't even do any gaming because the frequent lag spikes, packet loss and disconnections from game server due to lag.

BlackWat3r
    New Contributor III

Tell them to stop sending techs. The supervisor that came to my house the last time literally told me the techs don't have the knowledge to detect and fix packet loss.

What you need to tell them is to check the node you are on and see if it's over subscribed (at 100% usage). This requires them sending out an outside line guy.

Zurq
      Contributor II

they just left my house and the woman that was here had to go up on the poles and told me they need to send a linemen to change out a line to the tab, or something, I'm thinking its called the node, but they said tab. So that is most likely the problem.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

The tap is the junction at the pole that ties the cable to your house into the main, shared cable.