Read the forum guidelines
I have had an ongoing issue here in West Las vegas. I have had a technician out twice, which each time progress was made until we arrive to our current situation.
Currently, I am experiencing unusable internet (seems to be over 50% packet loss from my modem onward in addition to 400-500ms). While I have been waiting over two weeks for assistance on the issue (supposedly I am waiting on a cold call from some escalation team), I am not able to wait anymore as the problem has persisted and gotten worse.
I escalated again, for the third time this week with no call from "Tier 2", and I am being told that I have to wait till monday.
What can I do to get some help in resolving this issue or at least get me into a position that I can use my service over the weekend.
Log example from modem:
"RNG-RSP CCAP Commanded Power Exceeds Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW;CM-MAC=8c:61:a3:c6:5a:59;CMTS-MAC=00:59:dc:78:f9:5b;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;"
Mind you, for the two techs that have come out - they removed splitters and modem location till we put the modem in a location closest to the entrypoint from the street run.
I have sent out the email!
Just an update:
Tech came out today and validated that nothing looks wrong except that the drop had not been replaced in quite some time. He is escalating to the team to schedule and replace said drop. I will report back when that occurs with my findings, as the issues is still occurring.
The tech also recommended that I plug in directly to my modem from my PC and observe the results;
Under 1000 packets sent/receive, I am sitting at 1% packet loss, AVG ~30ms, Worse 3500ms to the destination of 126.96.36.199. The results are very consistent.
This is par for the course, what I expect from the service in the last 6 months. When it is working as expected, I do see 0% loss, albeit a few packets with an AVG of >20ms with no worse than 100 or so spike.
I am recording this information to show that no matter what the situation is (Host -> Router -> Modem, or Host -> Modem), I still see similar issues. I hope that issues similar to this weekend do not reoccur, as my service was completely impacted (about .10 mbps down with 5 mbps up) - but if it does occur I will be sure to update.