Forum Discussion

swoop
New Contributor II
5 years ago
Solved

Arris TG1682G Firmware update not delivered

Other cox customers have received update firmware for their Arris TG1682G based on searching the forums, some as many as 4 months ago. Customer support said every TG1682G is on the same version (lol), he sent me a "new signal" that would "clear the router cache". And so the router rebooted and still on the same ol firmware from feb2018. 

BOOTR: 4.2.0.45
SW_REV: 9.1.103BP
MODEL: TG1682G

Any idea when I will get the update? 

• Hello. Typically we do push new firmware out to all modems. However, sometimes a modem may not accept or receive the firmware update. I have sent a signal to your modem to update the firmware at this time. Please let us know if you continue to have any issues with the internet service. Thanks. -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello. Typically we do push new firmware out to all modems. However, sometimes a modem may not accept or receive the firmware update. I have sent a signal to your modem to update the firmware at this time. Please let us know if you continue to have any issues with the internet service. Thanks. -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      swoop
      New Contributor II

well, can confirm my firmware updated! Thank you for the prompt action. While I wish I could be aware when my gateway doesn't accept a firmware update, I appreciate you sending it! 

CrystalS
        Former Moderator
        You are very welcome. I'm glad that the internet is working for you.

Crystal
        Cox Support Forum Moderator