Forum Discussion

Trader
New Contributor II
5 years ago
Solved

3rd time in two days my Cox down due to outages.

3rd time in two days my entire Cox services are down due to outages. Can you please get this fixed so it stops happening?!? I'm not able to work most of the day due to this. Sitting in chat for over an hour with an incompetent person, begging her to report an outage in my area because I have already set my modern three times and i have no dial tone on my phone and my cable box is completely frozen. No she has to send out a tech, oh and it's likely going to cost me $75 to do so (I've had line backer for almost twenty years now). I agreed because I'm just fed up at this point and trying not to throw my phone across the room because she won't listen to me. She's reset my modem and the cable box twice, didn't work...duh.

She then proceeds to tell me I'm currently in an outage area.  Well look, problem solved, wait...I TOLD HER THAT AN HOUR AGO!

Fast forward to today, I'm currently in ANOTHER outage. That's 3, in TWO DAYS, that last for over 6 hours.

• I apologize that our representative didn't have outage info when you called. It takes a few calls from customers who connect to the same node (like your neighborhood) before an outage is triggered. I'd like to check on this for you! If you can, please email cox.help@cox.com with your full street address. Also, encourage your neighbors to call us. It will help us to more quickly pinpoint the issue and get it resolved.

Crystal
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    I apologize that our representative didn't have outage info when you called. It takes a few calls from customers who connect to the same node (like your neighborhood) before an outage is triggered. I'd like to check on this for you! If you can, please email cox.help@cox.com with your full street address. Also, encourage your neighbors to call us. It will help us to more quickly pinpoint the issue and get it resolved.

Crystal
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Trader
      New Contributor II

Any update on why this is happening please?

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @Trader

The last outage was on 7/25/19 if you're still having an issue please email the full-service address and name on the account to cox.help@cox.com. This will allow us to take a closer look.

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator
      Eric_V
      New Contributor II

The problem with the it takes a few calls to trigger an outage is that in the meantime the first few people who call get told go buy a new $180 modem...Cox should reimburse people who have to buy new modems when a tech says so only to find out later WHEN ACTIVATING THE MODEM that an outage exists.

mkmandel
    New Contributor

Welcome to Cox's unreliable service.  The outages have been increasing in frequency.  They claim it's because they're "upgrading" their network, yet they don't notify their customers of planned outages.  This is hugely disruptive.  The service we're getting is not worth the exhorbitant prices we pay.  Hope they get your outage sorted fast.  At least I now have a notification of mine.  What they call customer service is useless.  Time to look for another local provider.  I can sacrifice speed if the service actually stays up.