Forum Discussion

SMOKEY911999
New Contributor
5 years ago

Cox Security Suite will not download

I get these message-

We're sorry, an unexpected error has occurred with this application. Please try again. If you need help, contact Customer Care or Live Chat for assistance.

Something went wrong

Oops! It looks like we are having trouble with your request at this time. Please try again or Contact Us to resolve this issue.

1 Reply

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Is this a repeat installation?  For example, you previously installed, uninstalled via the OS Add/Remove Programs...as opposed to McAfee uninstall agent...and are attempting to reinstall on the same device.

Each download from Cox assigns a McAfee Serial Number.  Since you didn't uninstall (deregister) via the McAfee agent, your previously assigned serial number may be causing an error with the license.  You may need to call the Help Desk.

Mouth is correct about an infection.  Remember the fake Microsoft Security Essentials?  My brother naively downloaded it and it shut down all other security programs.  Frustrated, he FedEx'd the laptop to me.  Safe Mode...stop its process...uninstall fake program.  I'll always remember this number but Malwarebytes found 57 other problems.  My brother is bad with computers.