Forum Discussion

JP_Sports
Contributor
5 years ago

spam, Spam, and more SPAM!!!

Looks like another fix is needed for your email servers.  After a month of relative quietness, I have been getting bombarded with fake emails from banks I don’t even do business with telling me my account has been locked, as well as about wonder enhancement secrets.  I thought  this would have improved, but it’s getting out of hand again.  I’m to the point where I’m ready to have EVERYTHING sent to the spam folder and just weed it out from there.  

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi JP Sports, we understand these spam emails are incredibly frustrating to deal with, and I'm sorry this is happening to you on such a frequent basis. Cox spends a great deal of time, money, and goodwill addressing the problem. In addition, several state legislatures and Congress are trying to stop spamming through legislation. We have many resources focused on improving spam management and email security, and we are in the process of upgrading our spam filtering. We appreciate your patience as we work toward these improvements.

Here's some additional information about our spam features, http://bit.ly/2VAEpmC. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • And now the spam from cox.net email addresses is starting again.  Received the phony Amazon email saying your access is limited from a Cox email account.  

• Spam is getting REALLY bad AGAIN!!!   Have been inundated with the fake survey/crack the egg emails that disappeared for over a year, but now they are coming to me with a vengeance.  You REALLY have to check your filtering because it is getting RIDICULOUS 

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi JP Sports, here's some information on reporting spam, phishing, and virus abuse, http://bit.ly/2OahVq4. We're extremely sorry you are having this unpleasant experience. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator