Forum Discussion

astro43
New Contributor
5 years ago

frequent/daily internet dropouts

I've been suffering with this problem for months.  Frequent dropouts, internet just stops working then comes back up.  Interrupts my gaming sessions or movies or whatever.

tech support always tells me "its working at the moment, so there's nothing we can do to help."

I find this unacceptable!

my router (Netgear C7000) logs are loaded with errors.  Pleas, connect me with someone beyond the basic "try rebooting your modem" tech.  I am not a toddler.

1 Reply

• astro43...I have the Netgear C6900 with a 1gig speed (per cntl panel status) and am getting 218 Mbps download after restarting the modem.  However, your problem is not about the upgraded speed, but the interrupts to the internet.  So frustrating I'm sure.  I see lots of suggests to try to hook directly to the modem, no splitters or routers.  Also check tightness of the coaxial and Ethernet connects.  Unless you live in a remote area, one would expect at least a stable connection, aside from the speed.

Has this interrupts been a problem for more than a few months? Any hardware changes on your part or even Cox?  If no changes, then it could be Cox outside lines, especially if there has been lots of rain or street construction.  Keep updating your post with stuff we can read about.