Forum Discussion

Raskie
New Contributor III
5 years ago

All services down

Last Tuesday afternoon, July 2nd, I lost all connectivity - internet, television, and telephone.  I immediately called it in and was told there was an outage in my area.  Supposedly the outage was repaired by 10:00PM and my neighbors had there connections restored.  For me, everything remained out.  I called it in again late Tuesday night and a tech was sent out on Thursday July 4th.  The tech was unable to remedy the problem but said he would submit a ticket.  Since then, nothing has been done as far as I can tell.  Cox tech help tells me a ticket has been submitted, but they have no further information.  This is now day five with no service of any kind and it’s starting to get very old.

2 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    @raskie Hi Raskie, please accept our immense apologies for the ongoing service interruption. The technician submitted an escalation over to our maintenance team. Typically, we advise customers of a 72-96 business hour turn-around time for our maintenance team to resolve the issue. We will be closely monitoring this escalation here in Social Media until it is resolved. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Raskie
      New Contributor III

Well, after 8 days with no service at all, everything is finally up and running again.  It turns out that a power surge, after an OPPD transformer blew, fried my cable modem, contour box, router, AV receiver, an Apple TV, a powered USB hub, plus doing damage outside the house in the lines.  Cox, however, stuck with it until everything was working again.  Thank you Cox!!!