Forum Discussion

ccc
New Contributor
5 years ago

Cannot send emails via iPhone/iPad. Only via Cox Web Mail. ALL SETTINGS ARE CORRECT

Cannot send emails via iPhone/iPad. Only via Cox Web Mail. ALL SETTINGS ARE CORRECT w IMAP. Have uninstalled & reinstalled multiple times to no avail. Have spoken w Cox representatives more than once & they affirmed all settings on my end are correct. Say it’s an Apple issue. Been through support w Apple more than once, everything set correctly, they say it’s a Cox issue. Tried again TODAY. This has been this way for over a year & a half. Frustrating to have to use Cox Web Mail & opening a web browser to send an email VS. simply hitting the mail icon on my iPhone/iPad to do so. Frustrating beyond belief is an understatement. Hope Cox or someone can figure this out. 

6 Replies

CarolLM
    Former Moderator
    @ccc Hi there, some time ago we updated our email settings. Please visit this site to ensure all of your server settings are correct www.cox.com/secureemail. -Thanks, Carol
      Dean
      New Contributor

Carol.  Please read the message.  I and many other people have the same problem.  We have checked the mail client settings and they are CORRECT.  The SMTP server is blocking access when clients are not on the COX network even with the correct settings.  It is a COX problem.  The cox chat and telephone technical support staff don’t understand the issue and just say to contact the client program provider.  Or like you, they just repeat the suggestion to check the settings, which we already know follow the Cox instructions.  Someone at Cox needs to otify the COX email team and get them to fix the problem by allowing SMTP server access using the SSL port 465, as shown in the Cox website instructions, or they need to update the instructions on the Cox website.  I have searched on the Internet and apparently thousands of users have the same problem and have been having the same experience with Cox technical staff not knowing what they are doing and just trying to deny that it is a Cox network problem.

BrianM
        It is possible that the IP address(es) that you are connecting with at the time do not support reverse DNS, which we now required since we have updated our email security. You can go to mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx (change the drop down to Reverse Lookup) and enter in the IP address that you are connecting with when you are unable to send (this can be found at whatismyip.com if you are unsure of the IP address). If it responds with DNS record not found, that means it does not support reverse DNS and you would be unable to send from that IP unless that provider makes the change from their end.

Brian
        Cox Support Forum Moderator