Forum Discussion

Jaeger
Contributor
5 years ago

Price increases and frequent outages

Recently our home received a letter from cox indicating there would be another increase in price for almost all internet packages (even though this already happened so the letter is late) and that it was happening to help pay for Cox's "investment" in its infrastructure. As it stands now, my area has been experiencing frequent service interruptions and I myself have been receiving lots of packet loss especially since the last advertised service outage that was apparently corrected in this area. Cox also has ridiculous data caps which do nothing to conserve bandwidth. All of these things being said, I have two questions.

1. Is there anything in particular happening in 23702, 23701, or 23703 zip codes to be causing these frequent outages, slower than advertised speeds, and all around poor service?

2. Verizon FiOS is now in my area. They are currently offering 3x my current download speed, 300x my current upload speed, and no data caps for roughly $20 per month LESS than I'm paying for Cox's shoddy, over priced service. What is cox doing to remain competitive in this area when prices only continue to go up and service continues to get worse? Why should I remain a cox customer in such an environment when they continue to neglect customers who have been with them years and only pass temporary savings to brand new customers?

1 Reply

• Hi Jaeger,

Cox provides the Support Forums as a service to its customers to help them obtain technical support, exchange ideas, and get information relating to Cox products and services. Billing and account questions that require the sharing of personal information aren't suited for a public forum. For further assistance, please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and complete address.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator