Forum Discussion

triviacrackaddi
New Contributor
5 years ago

Trying to upgrade from the dismal Panoramic

• I called in to try to get help with my service. I upgraded to the Panoramic and it wasn’t panoramic.  I was getting a worse signal than I had before.  I asked what they could do.  I also said that I had a VOIP phone that wasn’t working.  Additionally, I said I was getting a message on my TV to upgrade.  I got some man on the phone that said he could only help with the phone.  He said he doesn’t do troubleshooting and I needed to talk to someone else.  Since I had waited on the phone so long to get this special <not> person, I asked him if he could do anything.  He said I needed a tech.  He was very unpolished and didn’t offer to help me in any way. 
  • I called back and got a really nice rep who went out of her way. She actually talked me into upgrading so instead of them offering me some kind of discount, I decided to upgrade.  She then told me that my VOIP phone had been canceled months ago.  I said it couldn’t have because I never called in to do so.  I said I believed I was still paying the bill but she said I couldn’t be.  But she was nice so I wasn’t going to argue about it until I checked my bank statements.  She set me up with two appts.  One for Wednesday the 5th of June and another for the 8th.  I asked them to please not send a contractor because the last one had been pretty green (for the Panoramic install)
  • I waited and waited for the people to show up both days. No tech, no phone call, nothing.  I wasted my whole Saturday waiting.  I wasted my Wednesday early evening.
  • So, I had to call again (long wait time) and rescheduled just one of the appointments. I wasn’t going to push my luck.  Friendly rep, no complaints. No mention of any perks to ease my pain. 
  • Waited for the tech today (June 12th). He was supposed to arrive from 3-5.  At 5:00 PM, I had to call in to see where he was.  They said his ETA was 5:25.  No phone call from him to let me know he was late. 
  • Tech got here and looked around a bit and then said he didn’t have the equipment for the install. I asked him how he came here with a work order and didn’t have the equipment.  He said he had one but used it at his last job.  I could not believe it.  He said Cox would reschedule it.
  • I called Cox again to ask why they would send a tech with no equipment and I did get a very nice guy who said that was unheard of and that as a customer with so many years as a Cox customer, I needed someone who would take ownership and make this right. I thought, Oh Finally, someone that understands customer service.  He offered to have me speak to a supervisor and I jumped on the chance.  I had not raised my voice once as that is not my style. 
  • I was put on hold again…..Someone came on the line that sounded like he was 20. I explained the problem to him and he said he had never heard of that.  I sat there waiting for him to say something else (think Jeopardy theme song playing).  Since he didn’t seem to have anything to say, I asked him what could he do.  He asked me what I wanted?  Huh????  I asked him if he was a supervisor and he said he was.  I told him he sure didn’t sound like a supervisor.  He said, well your appointment is rescheduled and I said that was the first I had heard that.  He then started to tell me when it was rescheduled for but I was so fed up, I hung up the phone.
  • Tomorrow I will be calling again to cancel the whole *** thing. I pay $250.00 a month for cable with no special channels, an “upgrade” that wasn’t an upgrade and a phone there is no record of (but I was most assuredly billed for).

$120 for Wednesday

$320 for Saturday

$120 for Wednesday the 12th

$160.00   Time on Hold (total)  4.25 hours

$249.06 – The months I was billed for a “non-existent phone” that wasn’t working.

So, Cox owes me $969.06

1 Reply

• Hello. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com. -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator.