Forum Discussion

jcrane722
New Contributor
5 years ago

Cox outage in Oklahoma for 3 days

Internet went down completely on Monday, June 10, 2019 in Broken Arrow, OK and is still down. Each morning they text an update stating the outage in my neighborhood is estimated to be resolved at 12:00 am the following day.  However, when checking for any updated status the message is "Our technicians continue to work to resolve the problem in your neighborhood. Currently there is no estimated time for when service will be restored."  I called Cox today for additional information and tech support indicated they have no information available other than there is an outage in my area.  This is unacceptable.  The tech support rep agreed with me that there really isn't anything that should take 3 days to repair, in fact nearly everything can repaired in 24 hours or less.  Just checking to see if anyone else affected by this outage has more detailed information. 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello Jcrane722. I am not seeing any outages currently in your immediate area. However, I am not able to reach your modem from our side. What lights do you see flashing on the modem? -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      jcrane722
      New Contributor

No lights flashing on the modem.  All 5 stay lit and have since the outage.  The most recent message from Cox sent to me 4 minutes ago was:

Cox: Our technicians continue to work to resolve the problem in your neighborhood. Currently there is no estimated time for when service will be restored. 

jcrane722
      New Contributor

Hi Allan, After reading your post I unplugged my modem to reset it. I had not done that previously as I had been advised that it wasn't possible to reset it and that powering it down could cause issues.  After resetting it I do have internet again. However, I'm still receiving text updates stating there is an outage in my neighborhood. So apparently there isn't an outage now, but Cox's internal system needs to be updated, as it's still showing there is one.

StephanieS
        Jcrane722

Glad to know you're back up and running! I can see that you are still considered to be in an outage area at this time. An outage can sometimes affect service without it being completely out.

StephanieS
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
    alexg
    New Contributor

I’ve been dealing with all of this and mine is still out. Has been for FIVE days now and I keep getting the run around. This is crazy.