Forum Discussion

John2222
Contributor
5 years ago

Email shows it was sent, but receiver never gets it!

We have several email accounts in our home (mine and my wife).  She has an iPad (apple email app), iPhone (apple email app) and desktop client (Eudora -- yes I know it's an old one, but works find for years on POP) software, all using POP3.

Starting last night, emails that she sent on her iPad or iPhone showed Sent, but in reality, never got there.  I did multiple tests of "sending" from iPhone and iPad to her own email address as well as mine.  Nothing.  Yet they were present in her "sent" folder.

I called Cox this morning, then Level 1, then Level 2.  Level 2 said "Yes we are having a problem with some accounts.  Wait 24 to 48 hours for resolution/fix".  Is it just me or is anyone else having this problem?  Very frustrating.

My emails (iPad, iPhone, and desktop Outlook 365) all work fine.  But as you can imagine when you "think" an email was sent, you think it was really sent, not hung up somewhere.  Can anyone shed anymore light on this?  (I know Cox made some major changes in email settings requirements last month, and I reviewed them again, unless something else has changed.)

PLEASE, what is going on?  Thanks!

9 Replies

MarkM1
    Former Moderator
    John2222,

Have you checked your setting since we made the change to our security for emails? If not, please check out this link to make sure you have this correct. www.cox.com/.../secure-email.html We do want to also make sure that you are able to send & receive on the Cox app. Would you please test your email on the following link as well? https://myemail.cox.net/ Let us know if your email works here.

Mark M.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      John2222
      Contributor

Yes, I followed the links you sent, and the iPhone and iPad and PC desktop software are all correct settings according to your instructions.  I also went to https://myemail.cox.net and composed a test email, then sent it and it "says" it was sent and shows up in the sent folder, but was never received even a few days later.  I believe this started on May 27, 2019.  Looks like it was lost somewhere in cox-never-never land.

We have several cox email accounts (like most families).  My email primary address works FINE.  The 3 sub-accounts ARE NOT able to send emails, but they receive emails from newsletters, friends, etc. just fine.  We discovered this problem because my daughter (using Yahoo email) kept asking us when would we please send her this specific email she was waiting for.  (can't even send from one cox email address directly to another cox email address).

Because all three sub-email-addresses of our Cox account do NOT work SENDING outbound, but the master one (mine) DOES WORK, I think those sub-email-accounts are being flagged or held up.

I have opened a problem with "level 2" Cox and "they are working on it" .  I have case/ticket number if you want it.  

VERY FRUSTRATING.  What should we do?  Get Yahoo-email or Gmail?  

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi John2222, we understand this can be quite frustrating to deal with, and we are sorry to learn about these issues. For the three secondary users, using myemail.cox.net, are you able to send and receive emails? Using one email address, can you please send yourself a test email on myemail.cox.net, to see if you can send and receive emails? If you are able to send and receive emails on myemail.cox.net (host server), is it Apple that you are only having issues with?

There is currently an escalation open for this, and we will be closely monitoring it in Social Media. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • Forget trying to get help. I've had continuous and constant email problems for at least two months. For a good five weeks I could not use the search function, which I need to use on  a regular basis. Same deal, level two support, blah blah they're looking into it. I even let them change my password for two weeks so they could recreate my issue. They finally fixed it, or at least it fixed itself, and worked for two weeks. It stopped working again around a week ago. They want my password again, no.  The thing is I always use webmail, I don't have a smart phone so I don't have an app. It still does not work. Point is, they have no idea what's wrong and they have no idea how to fix it. I'm slowly and gradually moving everything to a different email account because I can't function with email that doesn't work. I have 9 years worth of stuff saved in my email so it's very difficult to move to a different service.

John2222
      Contributor

Thank you Peggy8080 for your sympathy and empathy.  I have been in IT and tech support my entire career, so I try to be patient and I know the Cox moderators like Kevin M2 etc. can't invent a solution, when it has to go to Level 2 or higher.  (I still get frustrated, but I'm happy to celebrate if Cox can fix this!)

If you are really trying to move your emails to a different email account (such as Gmail), try this in Google search:  "export cox emails to gmail".  There are several utilities that will pull (export) your Cox emails and then import them into Gmail or other email software.  Gmail is very powerful and popular.  Good luck.    ðŸ™‚

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Peggy8080, before we proceed with troubleshooting the email issue you're having, we would need to reset the password. If you need any assistance at all, please email us at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator