Forum Discussion

preguera
New Contributor
5 years ago

Severe Package Loss

Hi,

Starting a few hours ago I notice my ping was unstable. I performed ping to google and notice that my speed was fine, but I had a package loss of a 50%. I tried resetting the router by pressing the reset button and also unpluging and plugging again the router. Nothing seemed to help.

I saw that other user got help on the same issue by posting pingplotter captures on this post: https://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/internet-forum/17375/moderate-to-severe-packet-loss

I hope i can get helped the same way, here is my pingplotter capture.

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Preguera, we're having difficulties retrieving your signal levels at this time, and there are no outages or known issues reported in your area. Can you please check to ensure that all cables are tightly secured and free of damage? Here is some more information regarding additional troubleshooting, http://bit.ly/2QJd6l6. If you'd like further assistance, please include a link to this forum thread and email us at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Morgan1982
      Contributor II

this is my pingplotter every time I run it. some days are worse then others. 

preguera
        New Contributor

I am willing to live with a 2% package loss, but with 20% average, peaking at 50% in the evenings, it is like being back in early 2000s and trying to connect with my 56Kb modem. My T-mobile is more stable that my Cox connection. I dont even know why I am paying cox anyway, maybe i should just cancel my subscription and use my phone internet.

BrianM
        Have you also checked the coaxial connection on both ends to make sure everything is still tight? Are there any cable splitters that you could bypass? I am seeing a lot of packet loss to your modem currently but not to any others nearby. We will likely need a technician out to the home if this continues. If that is the case you can send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with a link to this thread and your service address to setup an appointment.

Brian
        Cox Support Forum Moderator