Forum Discussion

Outbreak
New Contributor
5 years ago

Synology Push Notifications and Cox Email

I've had a Synology NAS for a few years now, and within' the last 3 weeks, I no longer receive push notifications to my cox email.  It has worked fine for years.  I have tested push notifications using my business email address, and that works fine, so something has changed with Cox email.

I have also checked my Spam folder and Spam settings, neither has made a difference.

5 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Outbreak, are you checking the spam folder and spam settings on the Cox Webmail server (myemail.cox.net) or are you using a Client Server? If you're using a Client Server, which Client device, program, and operating system are you using? Here's a link which provides more information about our Cox Email Settings, http://bit.ly/2VwqCxt. If you need any additional assistance, please kindly send us an email at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Outbreak
      New Contributor

On my original post, last line I said, "I have also checked my Spam folder and Spam settings, neither has made a difference."  I'm using a Mac for my email, but I have also logged into webmail, checked those spam settings and folder, and there is nothing there.

I have tried using our other cox email address' and still nothing.  But when I use a non-cox email address, it works great.

Outbreak
    New Contributor

I also believe correcting this problem in a public forum is what's best for everybody.  Users will be able to fix what is happening, and will reduce the backlog at cox help.

Karen_R
      Former Moderator
      Hello Outbreak,

Please check the notification settings under the mac mail settings. Check for allow notifications options and verify the Synology push notification settings. Thanks

Karen
      Cox Social Media
        Outbreak
        New Contributor

It's not the notifications setting.  The fact is, that when my Synology NAS sends a push notification to my cox email, I do NOT get the emails.  I have verified this by adding both my Cox email address and my business email address to my Synology, then sent a test message.  I get the one to my business address immediately, but nothing to my Cox email.  I have done this multiple times, with my Mac email both open and closed.  When my Mac email was completely closed, I logged into my cox email through my browser, and there was nothing in my Inbox or Spam folder.  I have turned off all all spam settings as well.  All of my other (non synology) Cox emails I receive with no problem, that I know of.  I have also used another Cox email address, and still nothing. I do not get the emails on my phone or ipad as well.

The Synology push notification settings are fine, and I can verify that because I get the emails to my business account.  However when I input a cox email address, I do NOT get the notifications!

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I have a degree in Computer Science.  I'm not your "average" home user.  I wouldn't have started this thread if I didn't think there was something at Cox blocking synology push notifications.  I have also troubleshot everything on my end.