Forum Discussion

BobInPVE
New Contributor
5 years ago

Continuous duplicate emails?

I'm receiving duplicates of a single email on my email clients, iphone, and webmail. This has happened twice in the last couple of days. It doesn't matter whether I'm using an IMAP or POP3 client, it's a problem in both. Today's fiasco is an email from DIRECTV. I've tried to delete it on via webmail, but it keeps coming back seconds later. I can't use Outlook because it is flooding with this message. My iphone is going nuts trying to receive this but it comes in then goes away (because it's marked spam inbound). I have no rules, no filters, nothing. I filter my email manually or by blacklisting on my AVG anti-spam. Cox, what are you doing? My email is unusable in this state

1 Reply

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hi. I know to see that email that many times on every device is madding. We are here to help. Log on into your webmail at Cox.net. Go into your settings and look to see if you are forwarding your email and saving a copy. If so, please delete the forwarding email and uncheck the save a copy box. A lot of times this causes duplicate emails because you are receiving the email, then sending the forward the email back to you, then saving a copy of the original and saving a copy of the forward. So one email can turn in to 4 or 5 copies of the same email on multiple devices. Please let us know if that works. -Crystal