Forum Discussion

Sayang
New Contributor
5 years ago

Was there an outage in Las Vegas? Cox says no, but my app alert says yes.

The cox app tells me there was an outage in my area. I have a screenshot of this from 12:18pdt. Immediately after, a cox messenger CSR says through the app that there is no outage and I need to schedule a technician. She could not explain how I received an alert and have a screenshot, but her systems show no outage. O asked for a transcript of the chat. She deacribed an Account setting that displays Engagement History. I couls not dind this on the app, nor could she explain where it was. She advised me calling the support phone line for a copy of the transcript. A few hours later, a cox support phone line CSR says the app alerts are real, but that he cannot help me with transcripts at the moment because HIS systems are down (advised I call back in a hour). 4 hours later, still no internet. No sms notifications on the supposed outage. 24 hours until my service appointment. And no way to get a transcript (I took a few screenshots of the chat, but it was an hour long chat and my phone Was dying). Was there an outage in Las Vegas? Saying there was not and saying the problem is on my end sounds like an easy way to get paid $75 for the service call or to force me to upgrade my package--or worse: subscribe to cox care package ("Pay extra each month for better help when our internet fails!"). And how do I get a copy of my chat transcript?

1 Reply

MarkM1
    Former Moderator
    Sayang,

We would like to look into your issue to see what happened for you. To do this, we would need to have you send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with your name & full address so we check for you.

Mark M.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator