Forum Discussion

Badman62881
New Contributor
5 years ago

How do I go about downgrading my internet, making it cheaper...

I currently am paying $93 monthly for internet I'm not using because I recently moved out of the residency where the account resides over marital issues... I don't feel like I should be still paying for high internet when where I am currently living doesn't have internet available in the area at all... The solution would have been to just transfer it, but it's not available there currently. My wife and her kids are on my internet for free while I'm somewhere paying for it and have no access to the internet outside of my cellphones data plan or at work. Please help.

2 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It all depends if you've entered into a legal proceeding.  Meaning, has a lawyer served somebody an intent to divorce.  If yes, you need to consult your attorney and not in a forum.  If not, just downgrade or cancel your service.  As long as your family has access to 911 service (cell phone), an ISP is just a superfluous service.

• You would need to contact customer service to either downgrade or remove the service altogether. You can locate your local number here: www.cox.com/.../contactus.html

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator