Forum Discussion

scott61
New Contributor II
5 years ago
Solved

Non-stop packet loss and speed dips.

Hello, 

Iv been getting 30%-100% packet loss for about 3 days now. Just wanted to see if anyone was able to spot errors that i cant. I need the internet to make a living so any help would be amazing, thanks. 

I had one tech come out yesterday and he somehow got it to stop for about 3 hours by removing a splitter (no idea why it was installed in the first place). 

https://imgur.com/a/HZ7mN8u 

• Hi Scott61,

I'm sorry to hear you continue to face packet loss even after a previous service appointment was completed. I appreciate wanting to take any possible angle to spot what's causing this to happen. We may need to have a follow-up appointment reserved to help identify what could be causing this issue still.

Dustin
    Cox Forums Support Moderator

3 Replies

• Hi Scott61,

I'm sorry to hear you continue to face packet loss even after a previous service appointment was completed. I appreciate wanting to take any possible angle to spot what's causing this to happen. We may need to have a follow-up appointment reserved to help identify what could be causing this issue still.

Dustin
    Cox Forums Support Moderator
    scott61
    New Contributor II

NIGHTHAWK X4S DOCSIS 3.1 Model: C7800 My modem/router 

scott61
    New Contributor II

Hello,

I did go ahead and set up a second visit for tomorrow. But I thought it may be helpful to offer extra data to maybe help you guys with diagnosing the issue.