Forum Discussion

CoxCustomer2
New Contributor
5 years ago

Frequent Internet Disconnects

Cox Team - Recently my internet keeps dropping.  I had a technician come out and he advised levels are good and there are no cabling issues however my modem will go out of service randomly. I will find it blinking and they only way to fix is to pull the power and wait for it to come up again. After I power it down it will normally work for a few to several hours then it will need to be powered off again.  Is there anything else that maybe causing the issue. Could the modem be bad? any help is appreciated.

3 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, this could be caused by damaged or loose connections, issues with the signal levels or hardware issues with the modem. The next time this happens, can you please include a link to this forum thread and email us at cox.help@cox.com? We may have to send out another service technician if this continues. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      padgham
      New Contributor

Hello Kevin,

We're having the exact same issue.

How do we go about getting it checked out?  Our model was replaced about a year ago and it did not resolve the issue, although it was part of the problem then.  We have also just replaced our wireless router and the problem is still not resolved.

Appreciate any suggestions or help.

KevinM2
        Former Moderator

Hi Padgham, I am detecting signal issues with the modem, which could be the cause of intermittent connectivity. Can you please check to ensure that all cables are tightly secured and free of damage? Also, do you have a splitter, by chance? Please make sure the splitter you are using is in good, working condition. One way to test this theory would be to bypass the splitter, by running the coaxial cable directly from the modem to a wall plate. If the signal levels drastically improve, then we know there may be an issue with the splitter.

Would you be able to emails us at cox.help@cox.com, and include a link to this forum thread, for further troubleshooting? Here is a link that may also provide additional insight on ways to improve the internet experience, http://bit.ly/2Kq4uR5.

Lastly, for security reasons, I edited your post, as it contains your personal and private information on a public forum. -Kevin