Forum Discussion

flyrs8810
New Contributor
5 years ago

Where did guest network feature go?

I have a TG1628 Panoramic router and last night the software was updated from Arris to COX branded interface. Now there are no options for guest wifi networks.

Why were those removed? I liked having my IOT devices segregated to a different network. Seems like I lost features but I'm still being charged the same amount....

13 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Flyrs8810, we are in the process of migrating our Panoramic WiFi platform so that customers now have the ability to access the Cox Panoramic WiFi app. We are investigating the missing WiFi networks now. The new DTC4141 Panoramic WiFi 3.1 modems do not currently have Guest Networks associated with them. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      immonator
      New Contributor

I just had Cox tech out here because this issue is clearly not been documented for your Tier I or Tier II support team.  We have been using the Guest Wifi feature for over a year for our AirBnB guests.  Abruptly found out that the feature just disappeared when our guest showed up Friday night and the Guest Wifi we had setup was no longer discoverable or able to be configured from the our Cox Account.  Thanks for letting your customers know and waiting at least 3 hours of my weekend working with your support staff who have no idea what is going on.  I had to pull up this Forum blog to show to the onsite tech.

immonator
        New Contributor

KevinM2 - you should also have your team check out why Mac users using Safari or Google Chrome can no longer save changes in Advanced Network settings.  Only browser that appears to work is Internet Explorer which is pretty difficult for Mac users.

YogiPhx53
    New Contributor

I’ve been trying to figure out how to get to the guest network since my service started months ago. I don’t have it anywhere. 

Bigair
        New Contributor II

THERE IS NO LONGER AN OPTION FOR A GUEST NETWORK!! COX DID A FIRMWARE UPDATE AND GUEST NETWORKS ARE NO LONGER AN OPTION. I HAD ONE SET UP FOR MY AIRBNB GUESTS FOR 3 MONTHS MY CURRENT GUEST WHO NEEDED IT FOR WORK NOTIFIED ME THAT THE NETWORK I GAVE THEM DOESNT SHOW UP. iT TOOK ME 5 HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH COX, A TRIP TO THE COX STORE TO REPLACE MY MODEM AND FINALLY ANOTHER CALL TO A LEVEL 2 TECH TO FIND THIS OUT. THE OTHER REPS TOLD ME TO CALL THE MODEM MANUFACTURER WHO TOLD ME THAT MY 3 MONTH OLD PANORAMIC PIECE OF GARBAGE MODEM WAS DISCONTINUED AND NO LONGER SUPPORTED. NO GUEST NETWORK OPTION ON NEW ONE EITHER. THANKS COX