Forum Discussion

peggy8080
Contributor
5 years ago

Cox forum notifications.

I have a very annoying issue with the forums. Occasionally I come here to find solutions to issues I'm having but my problem is with the home page of the forums. I have this little lightning bolt in the top right that is supposed to be my notifications. I used to only get a notification if someone responds to a thread I'm following or one I've commented on. However, It says I have 244 notifications, and there's only a handful of ones for threads I've commented on or started. It's notifying me of EVERYTHING which means I can't find the ones I actually care about . It used to not do this, what's worse, is when I try to delete the notifications, they don't delete, I  delete and delete and hit confirm and then they go right back on. I never get emails that someone has replied (I used to get those as well), so unless I go directly to the forums and search everywhere wasting a ton of time, I don't even know if I get a response. How can I get rid of all these excess notifications I never subscribed to and how can I get email notifications I actually want? 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    missfitt34
    New Contributor

my acct credit wont apply and it's been a month and a half. now my acct is in disconnect status

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Missfitt34, we'd like the opportunity to look into this billing inquiry for you in greater detail. Can you please email us at cox.help@cox.com and include a link to this forum thread? Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Peggy8080, have you tried clearing the cookies and cache on your web browser? Also, is this happening on multiple web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, etc? Also, can you please check your settings and notifications? This can be done by clicking on "Settings" under the lightning bolt. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      peggy8080
      Contributor

Yes it happens on all browser. I ended up going to each (all 250) thread and hit mute. So that got rid of the notifications even though it took me 30 minutes to do. I unsubscribed and unchecked everything but it checks itself back. Now I don't get notifications to the things I actually do want to be notified of, for example replies. I'm not told when I get a reply

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi Peggy, have you tried clearing the cookies and cache on your web browser? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator