Forum Discussion

Mark207
New Contributor
5 years ago

Cox Fails to work with Outlook

The problem has been going on for three days and one can only confirm that it is a Cox problem by speaking with a supervisor (assuming one has the patience to go through the long hold times and red tape to get one on the phone). There is no Web site or other acknowledgement (Text message or Email) to confirm the IMAP server is not connecting with third party email clients. Cox support on this issue is nonexistent. The "heck with the customer" approach often reverts to "Well, if WebMail is working, use that." Does anyone have any insight into this problem and when it will be resolved?

6 Replies

• This is still being looked into at this time. We do not have an estimated time of restoration at this time.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Walker40
      New Contributor

Could you send us an E-mail or post it in your Website when the issue is resolved? I have been texting tech support every day. It took me 30 minutes to verify my account and repeat the same issue.  

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi Walker40, it appears the email issue has been resolved at this time. We recommend changing your Cox password on the website and ensuring it matches the password in your client settings, http://bit.ly/2KOrZnd. Additionally, please ensure the server settings are correct, http://bit.ly/2KGsVKh. Lastly, versions TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2, and TLS 1.3 are compatible with Cox Email. SSL v3 and prior are not supported, per the Internet Standards Board recommendations. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    kames
    New Contributor

I have had the same problem with Outlook  for ONE YEAR!   The workaround was to create a 'tempinbox" under the normal Outlook inbox and create a rule that would send anything sent to the incoming account to the tempinbox.  It works but anything sent to s distribution list goes to the normal Outlook INBOX.  It was either the workaround or use webmail.  

I agree with your comments on support.  My 'cox' modem died last week.  I bought another one at the Cox Authorized Dealer in our town and spent well over an hour on the phone with support after I installed the modem.  The lady I was talking to couldn't swap the modem.  My phone finally disconnected.  I called back and got a guy named Kyle who knew what he was doing!  Took about 10 minutes to fix the issue.  It depends on the support person.  They tend to want to get rid of you rather than troubleshoot the issue.  A few days before the modem died completely, Cox support told me it was my router.  Unbelievable!

KenKK
    Contributor

Same problem my brother has with Outlook.  Started about 4 days ago.

Ken