Forum Discussion

GlassSD
New Contributor
5 years ago

List of compatible modems w/voice are all obsolete

I have a Cisco DPQ3212, but am experiencing frequent connection issues. I ruled out my router by directly connecting my computer directly to the modem and resetting the modem both from the support web site and by pulling the plug and reinitializing the modem one step at a time.

According the compatible modem page (https://www.cox.com/residential/support/cox-certified-cable-modems.html) these are the only modems with voice that are allowed:

ARRIS / Surfboard TG1682
ARRIS / Surfboard TG2472
ARRIS / Surfboard TM3402
Cisco DPQ3212
Cisco DPQ3925
Ubee DVW326

But none of these appear to be sold in a new condition any longer.

I've checked Amazon and NewEgg, along with a few other less trustworthy sellers.

Any suggestions?

2 Replies

• Cox no longer actively gives out the Cisco DPQ3212, the ARRIS / Surfboard TM3402 has now taken the place of it. This doesn't necessarily mean the modem itself is bad, but it has been phased out as it is one of the original DOCSIS 3.0 ETMA's that offered and is starting to age. However, if you wanted to upgrade to the newer one you can bring the current one into a local Cox store and swap it out for no extra charge.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Recon
    New Contributor

A software update about 1.5 years back ruin this! Having modem/telephone/wifi in one box does not always work well! Ubee is also junk. If you use the telephone you should get its modem for free. Turn off the internet part and plug a modem/ router into it. The DG 2460 works fine in this set up. I know this for a fact I got all the internet stuff shut off in the Cisco and plug the modem into it.

Cable Modem with Digital Voice Model DPQ3212 - Retirement Notification

The Cable Modem with Digital Voice Model DPQ3212 is now obsolete (past End-of-Life and End-of-Support status).

You can view a listing of available Video offerings that best meet your specific needs

If you want support information for the Cable Modem with Digital Voice Model DPQ3212 documentation, it may be available through Cisco.com Search or in the Cisco Community

Please note I do not work for Cox at this time.