Forum Discussion

naturebydawn
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Panoramic WiFi Problems

I exchanged my old cox modem in for the new panoramic wifi modem on Thursday. Everything seemed fine until Tuesday when it cut off for no reason. I called support and we tried every trick. Finally, they called out a technician. Luckily, a technician came out the same day. He couldn't find anything wrong, so assumed it was a flawed modem. He gave me a new modem. It worked fine until the next day, which was Wednesday. Again, it cut off for no reason. I called support again, and again we tried every trick. Unfortunately, they could not get a technician out until the next day. In the meantime, I was able to do a factory reset on the modem to get the internet working again, but this meant having to resent my network name and password all over again. I had to do this three times in the same day. Another technician came on Thursday. He looked at everything but couldn't find anything wrong. He said it was probably a service interruption due to Cox doing some repairs or something in my area. He left with no changes being made. Later that day, my internet cut off again. I called the same technician back and he came back again. This time he gave me a new modem. Everything worked fine until 5 am Friday morning when my daughter was doing homework. The internet cut off again for no reason. She had to unplug it to get it working again. This is driving me nuts. I never had this much trouble with the older modem. What the heck is going on? Are all these panoramic modems seriously flawed? They are supposed to be better but I've had nothing but trouble. It's only been a week and I've gone through two technicians and three panoramic modems with no results. Oh, and it's supposed to be faster than the old modem but it's slower. Also, the app for this modem is supposed to allow me to cut off the internet to certain devices, but this application isn't working. It keeps telling me to try again. What's the benefit of the panoramic modem again? It's all downs and no ups.

• Forget the wifi app. Log directly into the modem using your web browser. Type "192.168.0.1" into the address bar and press Enter. You will then be presented with the modem login page. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password". You will then have as much configuration control as possible.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    FormerMember
    Former Moderator

Forget the wifi app. Log directly into the modem using your web browser. Type "192.168.0.1" into the address bar and press Enter. You will then be presented with the modem login page. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password". You will then have as much configuration control as possible.

viperthunder2
    New Contributor III

The panoramic wifi app is still very new - I think it was just released a few days ago, there are still some kinks to work out. I am also having problems "pausing" and "personalizing" devices -- the app says "give us a moment" but nothing ever happens.

Speed-wise, my panoramic modem has been great. I did a speedtest on my OnePlus 6 smartphone and got 486 mbps download speed.
    When you lose connection, do you also get kicked off of the wifi? Or, do you remain connected to the wifi but your device tells you "connected but no internet"? Does the connection drop on ALL devices when you lose the internet?