Forum Discussion

John_SD
New Contributor III
5 years ago

unblock.request

Hi,

I have two email domains that I communicate with that seem to be blocked, as they send emails and I don't receive them. And they are not in my spam folder. One domain is from my doctor's office and another is from a friend who I've been emailing for years, but whose emails stopped coming through about 6 months ago, though he continues to send them.

I was told by Tier 2 support to email unblock.request@cox.net and see if there is a block on this end. I did email them but have received no reply. How long should I expect to wait for a reply? It's been about 24 hours. I thought I would hear back in a day or so.

Thanks! 

3 Replies

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

I know it seems a bit obvious, but have you verified those domains are not blocked in your own Blocked Senders settings?  It may not even be possible to send email to a blocked email domain.  I don't know because I've never tried.

John_SD
      New Contributor III

Yes, I have checked and the domains are not being blocked by me. And I can send them emails, and they receive them, but I do not receive theirs.  

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi John_SD, Cox flags suspicious email as spam to help prevent it from reaching your Inbox. Due to the high volume of emails received at unblock.requests@cox.net, a personal response may not be provided. The inbox is being monitored, and this will be investigated. Please ensure the email you're inquiring about was forwarded as an attachment.

Also, do you typically use the Cox Webmail (website) to retrieve emails? If you're using a Client email server, such as Outlook, Apple, Windows, etc., please check to see if both servers are blocking the email. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator