Forum Discussion

tuniciaa
New Contributor
6 years ago

Worst Experience getting my Internet Repaired!

I've never experienced this before. I've had Cox Internet in the past, and never had a problem with the technicans. So, this past Friday, my Internet goes out. Okay, so I phone technical support to try to troubleshoot the problem. We were both unsuccessful, so we scheduled a technican to come out. 

Here comes Monday. The technicans show up, and kept giving me every excuse in the book why they couldn't repair the wires. Thesupervisor told me that it was my responsibility to get in touch with the city--when I don't own the utility poles. The guy's supervisor also said because I was in a construction zone--Cox wouldn't send anyone else out. That I would be responsible for fixing the utility pole---that Cox owns. Cox in is the practice of sending incompetent contractors to your home (not ttheir own employees). Anyways, I had to talk to Cox themselves--and the dudes stormed off the porch!

Then, I requested another person to come out---and the employee lied to my face that he would send someone out. NOONE showed up! So, then I have to call someone else, and he said that he would start investigation, and I would receive a call from the service supervisor. Of course, I never did. Cox is also in the practice of lying.

Well, I finally get in touch with another representative, and she was able to send someone out. Today, I get a call to have my appointment rescheduled because the techican claim there was construction on the street. However, the construction is not in front of my house! I call up Cox again, and then representative told me that the techican could not get to the main line. That should've been communicated to me by the techican. IT NEVER WAS! Let's see if the new tech they sent out will show up. 

I refuse to pay Cox another cent, until my Internet is restored. When that will happen, I don't know.  

Customer service skills are medicore. Communication at this company is less than average. Cox is a monopoly who treats their customers like garbage!  No Internet forums are trashing them across the Internet. 

I will keep everyone updated-regarding my situation. 

People I don't give a ** if Cox removes this!

1 Reply

• Hi Tuniciaa,

The purpose of the Cox Internet Support Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Internet services with other customers. Since this post is not for a technical issue, it will be locked. We certainly want to investigate the events that occurred. Please email my team at cox.help@cox with this post, your full name, and complete address.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator