Forum Discussion

Parrothead
New Contributor III
6 years ago

My data usage went up again.

I'm so tired of worrying about my data usage. I've been a customer since before Cox was Cox. I've raised 2 children and 2 grandchildren and never have I had to worry about data use. I use a hard wired desktop and my husband uses a desktop on wifi a few hours a day. We turned the wifi off of our phones and when the grandkids come over, they use their own internet because somehow I'm using 30 to 50 gigs a day doing nothing. I thought this was fixed last month when my use went back down to under 10 gigs a day but now it's happening again. Anyone else having the problem of being charged more gigs than they can possible use in a day?

3 Replies

fromcali
    New Contributor

Hi parrothead,  

i am having the same problem, i have 2 tvs and a security system in my house and all of a sudden i've been charged for going over my data cap  1000. mgb , over the last 20 years i've had internet in my house and never have to worry about a data cap.  for the last two months. Cox is telling me that i am using too much of my data- but i don't get why.  Anybody out there that can explain why of this?

Parrothead
    New Contributor III

Now, the data usage meter is down, hopefully they will figure out why it says that someone using only one device and not streaming any video, music or games is using 50 gigs a day!

sclose81
      New Contributor

have you tried to isolate the IP thats using the data? if its coming from wifi  and its not one of your devices you can block it from your network.. also have you verified that your network is secured?