Forum Discussion

Ashbabii1994
New Contributor
6 years ago

Not connecting all the way

Everything is plugged in properly end it says on my phone that there's internet but there's no connection and you can't use the internet it makes no sense would resetting my modem help Cox customer service is not help with this either

6 Replies

MaryF
    Former Moderator
    Hello Ashbabii1994,

Please send us an email to cox.help@cox.com so we can take a closer look at what's happening with your connection. Please include your name, account name, street address, and a copy of your forum post.

Mary
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Pam613
    Contributor II

I believe the same thing is what's happening to me. My signal strength is strong but when I try to go on the internet the pages won't load & they time out. Happens numerous times a week.

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Pam613, your signal levels look quite healthy. I am including a link that includes ways to improve your internet experience:

www.cox.com/.../ways-to-improve-your-internet-speed-experience.html

We would also recommend when performing speed tests, to do so on a hardwired connection as opposed to a wireless connection. In doing so, this helps us determine if the issue is with the modem or router. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        Pam613
        Contributor II

Kevin, I checked my speed tests three different times yesterday & they are 1/3 of what I should be getting.