Forum Discussion

Raskie
New Contributor III
6 years ago
Solved

Incoming mail is EXTREMELY slow

Starting today my incoming mail is very slow.  If I send myself a test message it takes anywhere from 20 min to an hour, or more, to be delivered.  This is true whether I send the mail from my Cox account or from an outside account (Hotmail).  Outgoing mail seems to be fine - I can send a test message from my Cox account to my Hotmail account and it is delivered instantly.

Anyone else experiencing this problem??  I'm in Omaha, NE.

• I have this problem on both pop mail using Outlook and also on Cox webmail. It has been going on since last year on and off. It is the worst during heavy usage times which  I assume is 8AM-5 PM. I am tired of calling in and spending hours of my time with tech support who in the end say email is a free service and they can't do anything about it. Most of my need for Cox internet is for email and I have had to resort to faxing documents over a land line in these times of Cox email outages and delays.  To be honest the state of Cox email at times is how my email was on Free Juno dialup service.

Cox has a great and speedy Internet backbone. Isn't it time they bring their email servers up to the same level of excellence? PLEASE straighten out your mediocre email service. I have been with Cox for a quarter of a century and I am ready to bail to Century Link or free Juno.

Please run this up the ladder and see if Top Management can make a commitment to improve email.

Disappointed in Phoenix, AZ

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    zupsguy
    New Contributor

I have this problem on both pop mail using Outlook and also on Cox webmail. It has been going on since last year on and off. It is the worst during heavy usage times which  I assume is 8AM-5 PM. I am tired of calling in and spending hours of my time with tech support who in the end say email is a free service and they can't do anything about it. Most of my need for Cox internet is for email and I have had to resort to faxing documents over a land line in these times of Cox email outages and delays.  To be honest the state of Cox email at times is how my email was on Free Juno dialup service.

Cox has a great and speedy Internet backbone. Isn't it time they bring their email servers up to the same level of excellence? PLEASE straighten out your mediocre email service. I have been with Cox for a quarter of a century and I am ready to bail to Century Link or free Juno.

Please run this up the ladder and see if Top Management can make a commitment to improve email.

CarolLM
    Former Moderator
    Hi there, some time ago Cox updated their server settings and I wonder if you've done that. Please visit www.cox.com/secureemail and follow the instructions to ensure all of the server settings have been updated then let us know if you're still experiencing issues. -Thanks, Carol
      Raskie
      New Contributor III

Server settings are all updated and correct.  Also, the problem is not only with my mail client, it is the same using cox webmail.  Outgoing mail is instantaneous, while incoming is very slow.  The last test message I sent my self to over 90 min to be delivered.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Tulsa, OK I sent a test message from my other email account to my Cox account 45 minutes ago and it hasn't been delivered yet.  I sent a message from Cox to the other account and it was delivered before the "Sending..." message cleared in the lower left of the Cox screen.  A test message from Cox to Cox hasn't been delivered either.  I last received email in my Cox account Saturday, 3/9/2019.  Cox email is sent and received with a desktop computer using Chrome to access the Cox website.

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

Test message from my other account to Cox was delivered 61 minutes after it was sent.

Raskie
    New Contributor III

Well, the problem seems to be resolved now my last test message went through instantaneously. Let’s just hope this lasts!

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Raskie

Glad the issue has been resolved please let us know if you have further issues.

Cox Moderator
        zupsguy
        New Contributor

I have this problem on both pop mail using Outlook and also on Cox webmail. It has been going on since last year on and off. It is the worst during heavy usage times which  I assume is 8AM-5 PM. I am tired of calling in and spending hours of my time with tech support who in the end say email is a free service and they can't do anything about it. Most of my need for Cox internet is for email and I have had to resort to faxing documents over a land line in these times of Cox email outages and delays.  To be honest the state of Cox email at times is how my email was on Free Juno dialup service.