Forum Discussion

stephen2143
New Contributor
6 years ago

Cox Email asking for password while Hotmail and Gmail don't in Outlook

I find it strange that only Cox Email account in Outlook is asking for Password, and Hotmail and Gmail do not and are setup in Outlook too.

This happens every few weeks and then stops and then in a few days or weeks starts again.  It never happens to Hotmail or Gmail accounts, so it not a Outlook configuration issue, or a internet connection issue.   I have been in IT for over 30 years and these type of issue are almost all ways on the server side, not the client side when other configured Email accounts do not have the same isues.

2 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Stephen2143, thank you for your feedback, and we're genuinely sorry to learn that you're having issues with the email system. Are you referring to the username and password box that pops up? If that's the case, this typically occurs because the password saved for Outlook does not match the Cox password account. We would recommend changing the Cox password and then ensuring it matches up with the client. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to send an email with a link to this forum to our team at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    cwb3106
    New Contributor

I've seen the same thing. Seems to be a problem with the Cox servers (and not your password as KevinM2 suggests). Sometimes closing/reopening Outlook helps. As you said, it usually fixes itself. It's been a problem for many years.