Forum Discussion

seamanfinn
New Contributor
6 years ago

Extreme packet loss on apex legends and discord

I am experiencing extreme packet loss on multiple devices. I cannot play at all. The issue is intermittent 

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JerClay
    New Contributor

Dude I also experience extreme packet loss when playing apex and my internet seems to be running flawlessly otherwise. It’s like a specific communication issue between EA servers and cox internet or something. It’s so frustrating.

JerClay
        New Contributor

No sir I’m very far from you all the way in San Diego over here. You thinking it might be a regional issue?

dddbbb
    New Contributor

This is literally due to faulty node switching on Cox's behalf.  Anything related to AWS servers is going to have packet loss no matter what.

Given that the majority of modern multiplayer games run off AWS, you're going to experience packet loss for every single one until Cox addresses the issue.  It has been known for over a year now and they've yet to do anything except send techs to people's addresses to no avail.  They simply don't give a *** because the common consumer is not going to notice packet loss like a competitive gamer is going to.  So why spend money to correct this?

Living up to the company's name, that's for sure.